Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Do It Yourself

The Kid has been asking to "make things". Now, she makes a LOT of things. She has a craft desk and a lot of supplies and she is making stuff all the time. This time around, she meant something where she would have a finished product good for something other than her pretend play. A while ago, I had stumbled on Red Tool Box kits, but dismissed them as being too old for her. A closer look, though, showed they they have a Juniors line that has a recommended starting age of 4.

I showed her the possible projects and she was most excited about their candy maze. We ordered, it arrived, and she made. The instructions are very clear and she was able to follow them largely on her own, with some help from me to make sure things were more or less square. The junior kits require only wood glue and a hammer. This was The Kid's first time using a hammer, and I did provide a final whack on most of the little tacks to get them flush, but she did pretty well!



This conveniently came just before Halloween, so she soon had Halloween candy to put inside!


1 comment:

  1. Well, I had no idea this even existed but now I do and I will have to buy some kits!!

    ReplyDelete