Wednesday, February 10, 2016

BFSU: Plants Unit

All right, I'm going to be honest. My daughter asked for a VERY in depth look at botany, so I'm ditching this plan. I'm going to post this for anyone wanting to see how I *intended* to do this unit before she asked me to do something else. In May, when we're done with what we actually ended up doing, I'll post that one, too - even though it doesn't use BFSU.

Prerequisites: Living Things unit and Rocks and Crystals unit

Resources: Magic School Bus episodes
                  ASK Kit: Seeds

Lesson 1: BFSU B-10: Plant Science I: Basic Plant Structure, part 1
Lesson 2: BFSU B-10: Plant Science I: Basic Plant Structure, part 2
Lesson 3: Magic School Bus Gets Planted
Lesson 4: Magic School Bus Goes to Seed
Lesson 5: BFSU B-11: Plant Science II: Seed Germination and Seedling Growth
Lesson 6: ASK kit: Seeds, activity 1
Lesson 7: ASK kit: Seeds, activity 2
Lesson 8: ASK kit: Seeds, activity 3
Lesson 9: ASK kit: Seeds, activity 4
Lesson 10: ASK kit: Seeds, activity 5
Lesson 11: ASK kit: Seeds, activity 6
Lesson 12: ASK kit: Seeds, activity 7
Lesson 13: ASK kit: Seeds, activity 8
Lesson 14: ASK kit: Seeds, activity 9
Lesson 15: ASK kit: Seeds, activity 10
Lesson 16: ASK kit: Seeds, activity 11
Lesson 17: ASK kit: Seeds, activity 12
Lesson 18: BFSU B-12: Plants, Soil, and Water, part 1
Lesson 19: BFSU B-12: Plants, Soil, and Water, part 2
Lesson 20: Magic School Bus Meets the Rot Squad


This post is part of my series on using BFSU as a science unit study.

No comments:

Post a Comment